375664 Graphene-Based Membranes for Separation
This talk will try to reveal permeation properties of graphene-based material for filtration and purification systems and try to provide insights on if graphene-based material could be used to make the perfect filters/membranes. The talk will focus on the following aspects:
• What are the properties of graphene-based materials that make them so suitable for filtration?
• Evaluating graphene/graphene oxide’s role as a water filter
• How to process graphene-based flakes into large scale permeation membranes/filters?
• What are the real world applications of these properties, including the effective filtration of water from aviation engines and preventing engine failure? Desalination?
• Scrutinizing the potential for use in oil and gas applications – oil/water separation? natural gas purification?
See more of this Group/Topical: Separations Division