275249 Designing of Novel Porous Materials for Functional Applications
Advanced and functional nanoporous materials possess an important role in the energy and gas storage, separation and purification, drug delivery, catalysis and wide variety of benign environmental applications. My primary research will focus on the synthesis, characterization and usage of application-specific novel adsorbents accompanied by the fundamental studies to understand the adsorbent and their role in adsorption processes. I like to segregate the research on nanoporous based materials on to three broad categories, (i) Surfactant induced mesoporous carbon from sustainable and natural precursor (ii) Porous Media based targeted drug delivery system and (iii)Role of novel porous materials in the remedy of environmental problems including gas separation and water purification.
Selected peer-reviewed publications (out of 30)
1) N. Gallego, L. He, D. Saha, Y. Melnichenko, C. I. Contescu, J. Am. Chem. Soc.vol 133, no. 35, pp 13794-13797, 2011.
2) D. Saha, S. Deng, J. Physical Chemistry Letters, vol.1, no. 1, pp 73-78, 2009.
3) D. Saha, Z. Bao, F. Jia, S. Deng, Environmental Science and Technologyvol. 44 no. 5 pp 1820-1826, 2010.
4) D. Saha, C.I. Contescu, N.C. Gallego, LangmuirVol. 28, no. 13, pp. 5669-5677.
5) D. Saha, S. Deng, Langmuir, vol. 25, no. 21, pp. 12550-12560, 2009.
6) D. Saha, S. Deng, Langmuir, vol. 26 no. 11 pp 8414-8418, 2010.
7) D. Saha, S. Deng, Langmuir vol. 27, no. 11, pp 6780-6786, 2011.
8) D. Saha, C.I. Contescu, N.C. Gallego, Microporous and Mesoporous Materialsvol. 155, pp 71-74, 2012.
9) D. Saha, S. Deng, Carbon, vol. 48, no. 12, 3471-3476, 2010.
10) C. I. Contescu, D. Saha, N. Gallego, A. Kolesnikov, E. Mamontov, Carbon, vol. 50, no. 3, pp 1071-1082, 2011.
11) D. Saha, S. Deng, J. Colloid and Interface Science vol. 345, no. 2, pp 402-409, 2010.
12) L. Camacho, A. Torres, D. Saha, S. Deng, J. Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 349, no. 1, pp. 307-313, 2010.
13) D. Saha, Z. Wei, S. Deng, Separation and Purification Technologyvol. 64, no. 3. pp. 280-287, 2008.
14) D. Saha, Z. Wei, S. Deng, Intl. J. Hydrogen Energy, vol. 33, no. 24, pp. 7479-7488, 2008.
15) D. Saha, S. Deng, Journal of Chemical and Engineering Data vol. 54, no. 8, pp. 2245-2250, 2009.